Important notice due to COVID-19
Following advice from Public Health England and the UK Government, we have taken the decision to suspend our regular schedule and all face-to-face teaching with immediate effect from Monday 23rd March.
For more information on Steel City Swing classes during this period, please see our COVID-19 page that will contain all the latest updates we issue.
If you have any questions please email us at email@example.com.
The information below is no longer current due to our temporary suspension due to COVID-19.
The below content is retained for information only, for after the temporary suspension of regular classes is lifted.
Class schedule (Jan-May 2020)
PLEASE NOTE: For the ‘Lindy Hop Beginners Courses’, you must sign-up to reserve a place. Please follow this link for more information.
We have three levels at Steel City Swing:
- Beginners (Level 1)
- Improvers (Level 2)
- Intermediate (Level 3)
For full level descriptions, please click here.
These prices are for the drop-in sessions only, i.e. Level 2 and 3, Jazz Step, and “Introduction to…” classes.
The ‘Lindy Hop Beginners Course’ is separate.
Good to know
- Unless specified otherwise in the above schedule, the first Monday of every month we will cover the Charleston, and the remaining Mondays will cover Lindy Hop.
- There are five Lindy Hop Beginners (Level 1) Courses throughout the year. Please click here for more details.
- There will be limited “Beginners Introduction to Charleston” classes throughout the year. They will typically follow the completion of at least two Lindy Hop Beginners Courses. Take a look at the schedule for the next Beginners Introduction to Charleston class.
- No partner is required and all you need are flat shoes and loose/comfortable clothing.
- For other FAQs, please click here.
All classes are held at the Common Ground Community Centre, Machon Bank, Sheffield, S7 1GR.